WELCOME TO THE MARVEL AVENGERS ALLIANCE UNOFFICIAL FORUM
*PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING*

The future of this forum

Come here to discuss general topics, not specific to either PVE or PVP.

Moderator: Logistic Division

ddlooping
DirectorDirector
Agent's info
OP

The future of this forum

PostThu Sep 01, 2016 4:57 pm#6206

Hi all,

Many of us, myself included, are not only sadden by the end of MAA but also the potential loss of the great communities (forums, facebook groups...) that have grown alongside it.
This forum, even though in its infancy, is one of them, and it'd be disheartening to not see so many familiar faces anymore. :vis:

I'd like to think that it could be remodelled into some kind of MAA-Legacy / MAA-Survivors one where we could all still come to chat, rant and maybe help each other on other matters.
There could be different sections, about movies, comics/books, music, gaming etc etc each with their own subsections (Sci-fi, Fiction, Marvel... consoles, PC, mobile...).

It would obviously not be as attractive as a forum dedicated to a very popular game/activity, might feel like a ghost town at times, but I guess it'd be up to us to make it a success, a place we all would like to visit regularly and participate in.
Is it something that you think is worth doing, something you'd like to take part in?

Any feedback/suggestion is welcome and much appreciated. :ca:

kidcage
Logistic DivisionLogistic Division
Agent's info

Re: The future of this forum

PostThu Sep 01, 2016 5:19 pm#6226

I think we could definitely turn this into a good social forum.

We do the obligatory:

Movie Forum: (Subsections) Marvel, DC, Animated, etc.
TV Forum: (Comics and otherwise)
Comics Forum: (Marvel, DC, Indy)
Toys & Games:

And then we could open the "less geeky" stuff: Sports/Politcs/personal stories etc. I'd be making this a normal stop, and we could wax poetic of the game, but also move through other areas we may share. I may not know people's first names, real names, etc. but I do like the feel of our community and would like to see it thrive.
"Oops? What do you mean oops?!"

tiopalada
Trainee agentTrainee agent
Agent's info

PostThu Sep 01, 2016 5:19 pm#6228

Now, seriously, I would appreciate that. What can I say, I'm a sucker for forums. And the community here is really nice. :hwk:

(Also, if I ever come up with a fan game, this would be quite a good source of info and testers. :hehe: )

ddlooping
DirectorDirector
Agent's info
OP

PostThu Sep 01, 2016 5:23 pm#6232

Thanks for the feedback, kidcage. :)

@tiopalada :lol:

It took a lot of my time to put this forum together (modifying the template, creating all the graphics, coding the new functionalities...) and I''d like to make sure at least some of you are interested in the idea before I start "Doing it". ;)

Angui
Agent's info

PostThu Sep 01, 2016 5:25 pm#6235

ddlooping wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:57 pm
Hi all,

Many of us, myself included, are not only sadden by the end of MAA but also the potential loss of the great communities (forums, facebook groups...) that have grown alongside it.
This forum, even though in its infancy, is one of them, and it'd be disheartening to not see so many familiar faces anymore. :vis:

I'd like to think that it could be remodelled into some kind of MAA-Legacy / MAA-Survivors one where we could all still come to chat, rant and maybe help each other on other matters.
There could be different sections, about movies, comics/books, music, gaming etc etc each with their own subsections (Sci-fi, Fiction, Marvel... consoles, PC, mobile...).

It would obviously not be as attractive as a forum dedicated to a very popular game/activity, might feel like a ghost town at times, but I guess it'd be up to us to make it a success, a place we all would like to visit regularly and participate in.
Is it something that you think is worth doing, something you'd like to take part in?

All of that. We have to see how it develops, but I would be grateful to still have this Marvel harbor.
HAPPY NEW YEAR! New computer and catching up. Will post on a regular basis again.

WarpedLord
Agent's info

PostThu Sep 01, 2016 5:30 pm#6237

ddlooping wrote:
Hi all,

All of that sounds really awesome (except the politics... shudder)!
"Bucket List" Progress: Complete... just waiting for the end to come.
Missing Heroes: None
Non-15 Heroes: None - Missing EIsos: None - Missing AIsos: None
Mighty Weapons to Upgrade: None

LMAPhoenix
Agent's info

PostThu Sep 01, 2016 5:32 pm#6238

Agreed - I like the community we've developed (it was a huge part of keeping me engaged in the game itself) and I'd be interested to see what we can develop into over time.

One suggestion - Could the Comics section possibly be a sub-category in a Library section devoted to all kinds of reading? I'm sure that a number of our users are probably involved in reading different kinds of literature/series so we could incorporate something like that similar to the TV section.

Jabberwock
Agent's info

PostThu Sep 01, 2016 5:39 pm#6246

I'd certainly stick around if the forum continued beyond the close of the game. To be honest, I prefer this forum to the old official MAA forum, and I'd hate for this one to be shut down so soon. I'd love to see this forum transition into a comic/sci-fi/fantasy fandom forum (I'm not so keen on including sports, nor especially politics, which I'm sure would only result in acrimonious flame wars).
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, came whiffling through the tulgey wood, and burbled as it came!

DScottHewitt
Level 2 clearanceLevel 2 clearance
Agent's info

PostThu Sep 01, 2016 5:48 pm#6251

ddlooping wrote:
Hi all,

Well ,already better than the old Forums, just for NOT closing......

I like the idea of continuing things here.

So many areas people can discuss, related to Marvel and not related to Marvel.

Destor
Agent's info

PostThu Sep 01, 2016 5:51 pm#6253

I'd stay :D

Inbox me for an add. LVL 300 daily player.

Agent Moonson
Agent's info

PostThu Sep 01, 2016 5:52 pm#6255

I'm in!... and if there's ever another MAA-like game, this would be the first stop to know about it!

DScottHewitt
Agent's info

PostThu Sep 01, 2016 5:57 pm#6260

Agent Moonson wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:52 pm
I'm in!... and if there's ever another MAA-like game, this would be the first stop to know about it!
I won't be playing if Disney/PlayDom pull ANY crap along those lines.

CoCo Pack
Agent's info

PostThu Sep 01, 2016 5:59 pm#6261

I'm in too!! :ca: So disappointed by the game closing since I'm still basically a baby here :angry: . But like Agt Moonson says, if another game comes along, we're set! :dpg:
'When dead men and worse come hunting, you think it matters who sits on the Iron Throne?'

Proont
Level 1 clearanceLevel 1 clearance
Agent's info

PostThu Sep 01, 2016 6:03 pm#6262

I'd like to see this forum continue.

OdaNova
Agent's info

PostThu Sep 01, 2016 6:15 pm#6271

I'm going to be the party pooper. >_>

Sure, keep the forums going. But I'm not sure people will come along in enough numbers, at a regular frequency to be worth it.

I'll probably check in though. :)

Return to “General discussion”